Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And suddenly, it was all done…

From now on I’ll be blogging in English as there will be people who don’t talk Finnish but would still like to know how I’m doing. I’m a bit nervous about it, as everyone’s expecting my English to be heaps good now that I’ve spent a semester here.

I finally had my last exam yesterday then. So my studies at UniSA are finished. I think all the exams went alright, and overall the semester wasn’t too stressful even though the exam period and some of the assignments were a bit rough. The exam yesterday was a rather tough one in psychology, so the week was mostly about reading before that. On Saturday there was a farewell party at one Austrian guy’s place and on Tuesday we cooked dinner at home with Jun, Maggie and Euden. Kind of got the feeling that should have done stuff like that more often, but I guess you never have time for everything. On Thursday we are going to have Thanksgiving dinner at Stuart’s place, according to the invitation “everyone can be an American for a day”. Cool, I’ve never celebrated thanksgiving before!

It’s hard to understand that I’ve been here for four and a half months already, the time has just gone so fast. And it has also gone extremely well and I’ve really enjoyed the time here! As those of you who knew before I got here can think, I was really nervous before leaving, but there haven’t been any major problems whatsoever. Of course it hasn’t been easy all the time, living in an extreme form of a long-distance relationship does have it rough moments… Yeah, believe it or not, I do miss Anna quite a lot :)

Has being an exchange student affected me in some way or taught me something then? Perhaps I’m a bit more independent and self-confident now. And hopefully my chillaxin’ skills have improved even slightly. But most importantly I’ve learned multivariate integration!

On Saturday I will begin my way home with slight detours on the way, and the following three weeks include saying goodbye to the friends I’ve made here and then finally one sweet reunion. Might be heading for an emotional roller coaster ride! My first destination is Cairns on the northern part of the Australian east coast. Then I have two weeks to make it to Brisbane. I’ll try to update my blog every now and then, and I promise to include more photos than I’ve been doing recently.


View from Torrens river at night and an Australian peculiarity – a drive-in bottle shop!

P.S. For people whose knowledge on Australian geography is as limited as mine was before I came here I’ve changed my profile picture into a map of Australia with dates and locations that I visit :)

No comments: