Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Home sweet home

I’ve been back home for a bit over two weeks now, and I’ve slowly gotten used to the thought of really being in Finland again. Arriving at the airport was a shock, it was –15 degrees outside! My parents picked me up from the airport and after driving for two hours we arrived to my hometown Turku. Felt really weird seeing it again, almost like I haven’t been away at all.

The first week went by working and seeing all the people here, and on the second week I continued my medicine studies. Heck, we even had our first exam last Friday… I also moved into a new apartment during the first weekend, so it’s been hectic, to say the least.

It’s of course nice to be back home, but now that I’m settling in for the everyday life without extra hassle all the time I’ve had time to start missing the people who were almost both my friends and family for the autumn. And of course the Australian weather would be nice now, and all the other things related with Adelaide. But after all, it was the deal all the time to come back home. And man, what an awesome experience the whole thing was! Below are some final pics from my and Anna’s tourist tour in Turku and from my new apartment (slightly different from my place in Adelaide).

That’s it for this blog, at least for now…






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oho, sehän on valtaisa lukaali! Ainakin verrattuna siihen sinänsä idylliseen "suihku lavuaarin päällä" -kämppään :)